We are looking to add great people to the Canfield Business Interiors team. If you are passionate, innovative and highly dedicated, we’d like to meet you. The following are some of the fulfilling positions available with Canfield Business Interiors. Ready to take the next step? Please apply today.
Hourly Wage: Based on experience. Full benefits package if hired full time (Health, 401K, Life, Supplemental Insurance, Vacation, and Holiday)
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday
Travel: Some travel required, typically minimal
Requirements: Must be able to lift 150lbs, Valid Driver’s License
This position will be responsible for working on the job site and installing the products sold by the company including but not limited to: systems furniture, seating, storage, casegoods, moveable walls, raised access flooring and carpet. Competence in as many of the products stated above is desired in the ideal candidate.
- Effectively install all products according to plan as instructed in an efficient manner while maintaining a high level of quality and job satisfaction.
- Correctly install as directed per manufacturer with minimal supervision.
- General knowledge of all product lines.
- Read and understand floor plans and layouts
- Read and understand installation instructions and diagrams
- Correctly unload/load trucks using required paperwork.
- Effectively communicate with Project Manager any installation problems, questions, or concerns to ensure a high quality, efficient installation.
- Communicate with customer as directed.
- Communicate problems, questions & concerns regarding job status.
- Communicate job status.
- Be a constructive team member by focusing on the following:
- Maintain team atmosphere at all times
- Take Initiative to work as a team to share skills with other department members
- Inform supervisor of any training needs
- Superior client facing skills demonstrating empathy and a can-do attitude.
- Background and work experience in contract furniture industry at the dealership level is desired but not required.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of the construction process desired but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally between departments within a company.
- Responsible and appropriate use of required installation tools, including drills, saws, knives, etc.
Commercial Interior Designer
Are you a passionate, innovative, and dedicated design professional? At Canfield Business Interiors, “Making Space. Better” explains the way we approach workspace design. Join our team and help create and enhance workspaces through intentional design and help business owners improve their business performance. Project scopes may range from a small, single office layouts to large complex projects in the following vertical markets including, but not limited to corporate, higher education, healthcare, hospitality and K-12 Education. Must want to work in a fun and engaging culture of design and business professionals.
Job Type: Full-time
- Attend client planning meetings; present plans and information to clients for review and approval
- Review sites, conduct field measurements and produce as-built drawings/specifications.
- Develop and present color/finish selections related to office interior products, to include finished working drawings for specification and installation; gain customer approvals and sign off.
- Assist in budgeting, estimating and qualifying projects
- Maintain changes, revision and product specifications
- Understands project’s financial information and profitability and verifies sign off on acknowledgements for any project requiring design services
- As required by the project, execute any or all phases of the design process including, programming, schematic design, design development and contract documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field
- Strong knowledge of Interior design field and trends
- Understands workplace design issue such as ergonomics, technology integration, and etc.
- Stay current with all relevant technology including Revit, AutoCad, Canvas, Adobe Suite, Khameleon, and all Microsoft Suite software to include a working knowledge of applicable building codes, etc.
- Understands furniture processes, including order preparation, project management, order management and delivery/installation
- Owns execution of tasks and demonstrates excellent follow through
- Strategic problem solving and ability to generate new ideas that add value
- Excellent presentation skills
- NCIDQ or State certification preferred
- 3+ years of industry experience (Interior Designer)
- 7+ years of industry experience (Sr. Interior Designer)
If you are interested in these positions, contact us at email@example.com.